Lenina and Bernard go to the reservation and just as I suspected, Lenina hates it and Bernard is bored. I will add, Lenina did react to the sacrifice appropriately-but these "lab-creations" are bland. Now that I think about it, why would Huxley present characters who aren't human. I mean these are lab rats we are witnessing interact with each other. How am I suppose to feel connected to these characters? Huxley is personifying these characters so basic, I'm questioning their value/importance. Bigger picture, do they really matter? They're all stuck on stupid because they need their soma. I learned from Linda that in their society, you are categorized and assigned a specific job with specific instructions that you are to perform. Linda is a character who use to belong to the "civilized" society but, unfortunately, stayed on the reservation after giving birth which was wrong in the "civilized" society. So they "entertain" each other, t...
Comments
Post a Comment